Volunteer at YAI
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities:
The Corporate Volunteer Program at YAI connects companies and professionals who believe in our mission. Our volunteers offer support, mentoring and advice to people with disabilities who are looking for jobs. To get started volunteering, please call Brooke Drexler at 212-273-6334.
We can work with you to:
• Lend your expertise as a guest speaker for a group of people with disabilities seeking jobs.
• Facilitate a tour of your company so that people with disabilities can see a variety of employment opportunities.
• Spend a day with your colleagues volunteering at a YAI Employment program.
• Provide an opportunity for a person with a disability to shadow you at work.
• Be a mentor for a person with a disability by helping with resume building, interview preparation and other skills.
• Work with our Corporate Volunteer Team to develop a customized, inclusive social gathering for your staff and people with disabilities.
• Attend meetings of YAI's Business Advisory Council and other YAI Network events, such as our Central Park Challenge.
• Share your enthusiasm and time at a sporting event.
• Put your culinary expertise to work by preparing a dinner or holiday meal.
YAI Brighter Futures Society – Young Professionals Network & Jr. Board
YAI's Brighter Future Society (BFS) is a group of motivated young professionals who are committed to supporting YAI’s mission through social service. By volunteering in our programs or out in the community alongside YAI program participants, BFS members cultivate relationships, raise much-needed funds and support our goal of true community inclusion.
Just a few of the many ways to get involved:
• Share your time – Join us for a weekly pickup game or an hour of arts and crafts with adults served by the Manhattan Adult Recreation program.
• Share your skills – Work with us to develop an Independent Living Skills Workshop: help the people we serve learn to manage their finances, cook a healthy meal, write a cover letter – and so much more!
• Be a friend - Join us in providing intellectually and culturally stimulating social and educational opportunities that encourage meeting new people, making friends and developing life-long social skills for adults with developmental disabilities. Group members meet once a month at different locations throughout New York City to engage in social, cultural, and recreational activities – Movies, bowling, art galleries and more
For more information about volunteering or to join the Brighter Futures Society contact: Alyssa Franklin Murray: Alyssa.Franklin@yai.org or 212-273-6551.
OR Check out our website: www.yaibrighterfutures.org
Volunteer at the Central Park Challenge:
The Central Park Challenge is YAI's largest awareness raising community event of the year and includes a 3K Walk, 5K Run and Children's Play Area. What better way to enjoy a beautiful June day than spending it supporting people with developmental disabilities in gorgeous Central Park? We invite you to join the movement and volunteer in our walk registration area on Saturday, June 6th. We need volunteers like you to help registrants enjoy their day.
• Welcome guests
• Register walk participants
• Handout T-shirts
• Assist with raffle and donation collection
For more information about volunteering contact: Alyssa Franklin Murray: Alyssa.Franklin@yai.org or 212-273-6551.