To help New Yorkers beat the heat during heat emergencies, New York City has implemented a number of measures through the Cool It! NYC initiative. These measures include:
• More than 260 new cooling and misting sites in parks in heat-burdened neighborhoods
• More than 200 Cooling Centers open throughout the city
• More than 300 hydrants opened with spray caps installed by FDNY and DEP
• 16 Cool Streets
• Eight public pools open across the city
• 650 spray showers in city parks (available every day of the summer)
To find the nearest Cooling Center location, including hours of operation, call 311 or visit the City’s Cooling Center Finder.