New York Peace Institute is a not-for-profit agency. Their professionally trained mediators are volunteers and their services are provided cost-free to New York City residents in Brooklyn and Manhattan. If you are in need of mediation, fill out their online form and someone from New York Peace Institute will contact you.
Type of Disputes Handled by Mediators:
- School Conflicts: Student to Student Conflicts
- Special Education Mediation
- Parenting Issues such as Discipline, Truancy
- Neighbor Disputes such as noise
- Parenting Plans, Custody, Visitation and/or Child Support
- Civil Matters: Debt, Personal and Business
- Criminal Matters: Assault, Property Damage and Menacing
- Breach of Contract
- Property Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Co-worker Disputes
This resource is for Brooklyn and Manhattan residents.