Brighter Futures Society

Mission

YAI Brighter Futures Society (BFS) is a group of young professionals committed to the mission of the YAI Network: to help people with disabilities achieve the fullest life possible by creating new opportunities for living, loving, working, and learning.

By raising funds and cultivating relationships through exciting social events, recreational activities and volunteer opportunities, BFS aims to secure the future of the YAI Network and the people it supports in perpetuity.

Programs We Support

40% of funds raised annually from BFS activities support the Annual fund, which exists to sustain programs that make lives better for people intellectual and developmental disabilities.  The remaining 60% is allocated directly to programs providing socialization, recreation and art programs that do not receive any government funding.

Hankering for More (HFM)

HFM’s primary goal is to help people spark social connections with peers that allow them to create and maintain their own social network without staff support and outside of formal HFM events.

Mainstreaming at Camp (MAC)

Every summer for the last 25 years, young people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) have enjoyed the magical experience of becoming campers. The two week stay at Frost Valley YMCA is an opportunity for children ages 8 - 18 to have fun, make friends and become more independent.

YAI ARTS

For many, art is a means of communication or self-expression. This program celebrates the artistic aptitudes of all people and recognizes their exceptional skills as a path to independence. Artists receive 60% of the profits from the sale of their work and the remaining funds provide art supplies, lessons, and opportunities to exhibit their art and challenge the world to see beyond disability.

Leisure Trax

Leisure Trax offers adults with developmental and learning disabilities vacation and travel opportunities, including weekend trips and extended vacations with domestic and international destinations.