What Makes Us Unique
- Social Services Job Fair (Wednesday May 20th 3:30pm-6:00pm)
(Nassau County, NY, Suffolk County, NY)
- Social Services Job Fair (Tuesday, May 19th 4pm-6pm)
(Westchester County, NY, Bronx, NY)
The YAI Network has been honored with the following awards:
#1 Not-for-Profit "Crain's Best Places to Work in New York City"
by Crain's New York Business. Criteria for the award included:
Confidential survey of employees, which asked about benefits, policies and the mission of the company.
"# 1 Best Companies to Work for in New York" Award
by the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS - SHRM). Criteria for the award included a two-part assessment:
- Confidential employee survey used to evaluate the employee's workplace experience.
- An additional employer survey that collected information about each company's benefits, policies, practices and other general data.
APA National Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
(#1 Large Non-for-Profit) by the American Psychological Association. Criteria for the award include:
- Employee involvement in organizational life.
- An organizational commitment to work-life balance, employee growth and development, health and safety, and employee recognition.
- The creation of a healthy, safe work environment that recognizes values and offers employee and family support.
We are very proud that such respected organizations have validated what we do.
Why Work For the YAI Network?
There are many agencies serving people with developmental and learning disabilities. What makes us special?
At the YAI Network, we regard the field of developmental disabilities as a profession on a par with any other. Working here is not just a job—it's a career. Here our staff is our greatest resource, and we treat you as the valued professional you are.
How do we do this? We help you grow and develop through ongoing state-of-the-art training, performance feedback, supportive supervision, and participatory management. The YAI Network provides funding for scholarships, tuition, and conferences.
We build careers by promoting from within. At the YAI Network, many of our managers and clinicians (including our CEO and President) began their careers here in direct service professional positions.
Our culturally and ethnically diverse staff truly reflects the great mosaic that is the New York City Metropolitan area. Their tremendous variety of perspectives and experiences lends strength and depth to our organization. Our International Exchange Visitors Program adds hundreds of overseas professionals to the mix every year as they come here to train in our award-winning programs.
At the YAI Network, we never take our existence as an organization for granted. That’s why we’re proactive—constantly advocating on behalf of our field as a whole and promoting the adoption of professional standards. We do our best to increase understanding and respect for both individuals with developmental and learning disabilities and all those who work with them.
If this sounds like the kind of team you'd like to be a part of, search jobs now.