Navigating Through Grief After Loss and Trauma
This is a 4-hour course and attendees will earn 4 CE contact hours.*
It is inevitable that people will encounter grief and loss, both in their personal and professional lives. Unfortunately, these experiences have been magnified over the COVID-19 pandemic and professionals often feel ill-prepared to provide effective support throughout the grief process, especially when they are experiencing grief themselves. In this training, participants will navigate the grief process, learn concrete skills, and recognize warning signs. Participants will also:
- Understand the components of grief and loss, dispel myth and misconceptions about grief and loss, and explore how grief affects individuals from a physical, emotional/psychological, behavioral, and spiritual perspective
- Increase their knowledge of how trauma impacts the grief process
- Learn the “5 Tasks of Grief” (Lewis Tagliaferre and Gary L. Harbaugh)
- Learn skills helpful for navigating through the grief process
- Gain skills for identifying their own need for support and for supporting people who are experiencing intense emotions
- Explore ways to exercise empathy
- Explore the concept of “Living Losses”
Social Work Continuing Education Info
This is a 4-hour course and attendees will earn 4 CE contact hours.
*Young Adult Institute, Inc. (YAI) is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0171.
The New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work requires all registrants to attend the entire training in order to receive the Social Work CE hours.
Please check with your state, if you are not licensed in New York, to determine if these credits will be accepted for licensing renewal.
If a cancellation is received 14 days prior to a scheduled training, a refund will be provided. Participants who cancel their enrollment less than 14 days but more than 5 days prior to a training will not be refunded but given credit toward a future training. Cancellation less than 5 days prior will result in no refund or credit.
No credit or refund will be provided if a registered participant does not attend a training.
YAI Knowledge reserves the right to cancel a training due to low enrollment numbers. Registrants will be notified at least two business days prior to the scheduled training.