Leisure Trax offers adults with developmental and learning disabilities vacation and travel opportunities, including weekend trips and extended vacations with domestic and international destination. Leisure Trax is a vacation program that provides opportunities for adults to cultivate their curiosity about different places and experience new sights, sounds, tastes and customs through day trips in their local communities to locations around the world.
We go to great lengths to create opportunities for travelers to connect with people, places, pastimes that enable them to learn about themselves and others, and enhance their enjoyment of life.
Each trip is staffed with the support of one staff member to every three travelers. Free travel (some trips) offered to eligible people who reside in the Bronx. For more information visit yaiadventure.org
PEOPLE WHO TRAVEL WITH LEISURE TRAX
- Enjoy exploring the world in a small group setting
- Are open to new experiences, people, places, and cultures
- Are respectful and considerate of others
- Are at least 18 years old
- May have certain medical conditions that do not impair their safety or welfare during their vacation
- May use adaptive devices such as wheelchairs or walkers. Support around transfers is explored on a per person and per trip basis