Parents with Special Needs (PWSN)
Parents with Special Needs (PWSN) is a program to empower parents, strengthen parent/child interaction, and enhance independence. The program focuses on goals identified by the parents to enhance their effectiveness and lead a balanced parenting lifestyle.
We provide a variety of services including in-home and community-based training as well as support and skills groups. Most work is completed in a 1:1 setting for 9-12 months with the support of trained clinicians.
- Parent Support and Skills Group
- Parenting and Family Empowerment
- Skill Training: Infant Care, Behavior Management, Safety Awareness and Money Management
- Self Advocacy and Community Resources
- Exploring Independence vs. Interdependence
- Enhancing Parental Self Esteem and Confidence
- Our training techniques are tailored specifically for parents with developmental disabilities.
- Parents must meet OPWDD eligibility before qualifying for our services.
- Parent can participate in our service as long as their parental rights are not terminated.